Introduction to plant containers
Plant containers have been for long many people’s breakthrough when it comes to their gardening needs. It is no longer a matter of whether you have available land, but rather if you have the passion for gardening because your home is perfect for this type of gardening, whether there is some spare gardening land or not. In this century, everyone can be a farmer or a gardener thanks to plant containers. Even for those without the confidence of trying out gardening they can do so at the comfort of their homes and see if they can excel in it in a trial period. One benefit of practicing plant containers gardening is that they are easily monitored and require little labour to handle them around thus you do not require experience to use them.
Plant containers come in various brands, materials and sizes. Some may prove to be more reliable in gardening than others and this has to do with how they have been manufactured to handle the whole gardening thing. The material is what speaks the capability of a plant container to be up for the task of gardening, with the example of smart pots being some of the most reliable plant containers because of their porous and breathable fabric. You can expect plant containers to be made of different materials such as plastic, clay, ceramic among other materials. You can choose from any of the materials whether you intend to use them in the nurseries, backyards or even in the farms, because most of them are good for any kind of gardening.
Some plant containers can take in gardening in any kind of environment, something that not all of them can and this again depends on the material and the way you should handle them under such specific conditions. These plant containers have each their own way of manipulation if they are to fulfill their intended purpose in gardening. There is a long list of as to why you should adapt to plant containers, and the benefits are worth trying them out. You however have the freedom to go with the type that you feel it will be more convenient for your gardening needs.
Reasons as to why you should give plant container gardening a try
There are many benefits that come with the use of container gardening that you would not like to miss on. They have been tested and proven to be reliable and for many reasons they have been a people’s favorite when it comes to trying out gardening and other planting needs. These are some of the benefits you are likely to encounter while using some of the available plant containers in the market such as smart pots which are also known to as fabric or grow pots;
- Air pruning: when it comes to the use of breathable containers such as the smart pots, air pruning is guaranteed such that root circulation and strangulation is avoided because once they get to the end of the fabric or container they feel air and rather focus on spreading and expending out which is good for the plant since this stimulates the growth of the plant. This prevents the roots from circling each other which is catastrophic for the plant growth in sense that their growth may be stunted and not progressive as it should be.
- Adequate drainage: the drainage system is quite managed by some of these plant containers in sense that water retention is put in control so that the soil is not water clogged a move which is usually a recipe for disaster especially for the roots of the plant. Such containers which accommodate supervised drainage allow the plant to only access appropriate amounts of water because of their porous feature.
- Microbes activation: another benefit of using plant containers such as the smart pots is for the fact that they facilitate thriving of bacteria which are beneficial to the plant due to the byproducts they excrete to soil surrounding the plant after feeding on the present organic matter on the soil. The plant in turn thrives and reaches their potentially desired growth. This is another reason to invest in plant containers, and the breathable ones.
- Cooling the plant: some plant containers have fabrics or materials which are breathable and this is a way to cool the plants inside and keep temperatures at those levels.
- Protection provision: another beneficial factor with the plant containers is that they provide protection to the roots of respective plants from likely harmful scenarios such as garden pests infestations as well as garden diseases.
- Re-usability and easy cleaning: when it comes to various types of plant containers, you can use them for several years and planting seasons before you can think of replacing them. For cleaning purposes, you can hose them or machine washes them and hangs those that are light and washable to dry. After that you can proceed to fold and store them until the time you may require them.
- Mobility: some plant containers such as smart pots are convenient to carry around. Others such as the clay ones or ceramic ones may not be as portable as the smart pot light ones. Fabric ones are therefore light in weight and you can easily handle them around.
- Heat release: some of the plastic containers are designed in such a way that they can release excessive heat and keep the plant with the right moisture throughout which is good for keeping the roots of the plant healthy.
When purchasing the plant containers, you should be wary of the different types of brands that are available in the market, and the capacity in which they handle the growth of plants. That will have you making an informed decision since not all plant containers present the same results when it comes to gardening. Armed with the right facts, you are bound to find the container gardening much entertaining than you thought it would be.…