Life has been much easier, thanks to the scientist, these people sit down, think of a way to make life better and easier for the people. They invent many things to ease the people’s daily work. Among things, these set of people invented was a drill. A drill is a tool that helps in drilling, bolting, driving of nuts in the site. This tool is so useful and makes work easier and neater. Of course, it has disadvantages and one of the disadvantages is the power supply, what if the site is a new building or where there is no access to the electricity supply? There should be no more worries about this because the cordless drill has been invented. What do we mean by cordless drill? Cordless drills area modern gadget that can be charged and charge quickly, stayed powered up for a very long time, and does effective work on site. The main advantage of this cordless drill is that the drill offers the user power and makes the user work in an area where there is no electricity supply. Also,compared to a corded drill, there is a high reduction in the risk of electric shock.
The cordless drill features
This tool has some features, you can know the details if you visit website. Here are some of them:
Torque: can be defined as the total amount of power generated to turn or move a screw or to twist the drill bit. The cordless drill has the torque setting button in order to prevent the tool from over tightening when the user is using it for light screwing tasks and also provides greater twisting power when the user wants.
Combo drills: in order to cover a multitude of DIY tasks, go for cordless combi drills, this type of drill is able to take both the hex and rounded drill bits, it also offers the user the ability to drill holes and drive screws faster and neater.
Batteries:This modern cordless tool has a reliable battery, fear of sudden shutting down while working is out of it. These tools are powered by lithium-ion (Li-ion) batteries, this battery is very small and lighter than nickel cadmium (NiCad) batteries, and will surely hold the power stored in them for a very long period of time when not in use. The type and weight of the battery needed by the tool depend on the type of cordless tools the user have. A user with smaller cordless tools will typically use 1.2ah batteries with lightweight while a user with cordless pro tool will typically use 5ah batteries which are a little bit heavier.
Drill modes: every cordless drill is equipped with a button to switch from standard drilling mode to hammer modes and vice versa. The hammer mode allows the drill bit to rotate and jab in sharp thrust making it much easier to punch holes into very hard surfaces such as bricks. On the other hand, the drill mode is the one to select when the user wants to drill into soft surfaces such as wood.
A lot of effort has been made to produce different types of cordless drills with different work specs, whether the user wants to use it for craftingor workshops warrior, there is the appropriate cordless drill for it. Below are some of the works we can use the drill for and under each are few types of drill we can use for them:
- For crafting and low-level DIY
- Hitachi DB3DL2 screwdriver: one could get this drill as low as 70 pounds, its body is made in such a way that can be adjusted by the user and can be welded in line for screwing, T-shaped or pinpoint for a better job in hand. It also has a grip handle which enables sure-gripped screwing and the impressive barrel-mounted torque ring offers the user the best that can ever be expected by a tool like this. Its in-built battery will last the user for a very long period of time while onwork, this tool also charges for less than 1 hour (30 – 45 minutes).
- Bosch LXOV Cordless screwdriver: this tool is packaged in a box in a swish metal carry case, 10 more useful screw bit and other two angle adaptors for exact screwing in confined sites. The tool also has a shrub shear adapter, a corkscrew, a spice mill adapter and even more bizarrely mini BBQ blower. This tool will be fully charged within three hours through a mini USB port and are sold for 30 pounds only.
- For the keen DIYer
- Black +Decker 18v lithium ion 2 gear hammer drill: this tool has ten clutches positioned with a 2- speed box gear. It has a very high speed which makes it drill very hard and more precise driving duties. While working in an isolated site or where there is no electricity, you can easily plug your phone with the USB port provided in this tool, user can use the Bluetooth connectivity, which enables a range of features like showing the battery lock, a battery level indicator and a handily battery locator by downloading its specified app with smartphones.
- Staley Fatmax cordless 18V Brushes Combi Drill: this drill has the power to work for a very long period of time than most drills and charges for about one- and- a- half hours to get fully charged, it has 22 torque settings, together with 3 drill functions that cover all the bases: hammer drill, drill,and
- For the Pro user:
- Makita DHP484RTJ 18V Combi Drill: this tool is very powerful indeed, it comes with a handy belt clip so that the user can control this tool with ease. With this tool, you can punch a very hard surface with ease, has maximum torque on its drill is a whopping 54Nm which is also one of the highest torque machines
- Milwaukee M18 One Key FUEL Power pack: this tool is very expensive, for the user’s money, you will get a driver and drill which are a joy to use from this tool. It is excellent in nature, handling of this tool is assured, switches feel tough and in operation, both drills are snappy. The user has the right to set up the torque and speed presets, eyeball the drill location, keep tabs on drill runtime with the work.